[tcb] new carb

  • From: ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 09:13:53 -0700 (PDT)

I posted a question about carbs a little over a month ago and just wanted to
let everyone know how it went.

I purchased a rebuilt 30 pict 1 for Dean out of Wisconsin at the suggestion of
wuzmop.  It took about a month to come in because he was waiting on a shipment
of cores.  So during the month I did lots of cleaning and started to convert
from points to an electronic ignition but hit a snag so I am still running with
points.

Bolted on the new carb and the engine sounded so much better and many problems
were eliminated.  Turns out the carb I replace was a 30 pict 2 and was falling
apart.

Bottom line is I would recommend Dean if anyone is looking for a carb.

Thank you to everyone for the suggestions.

Never miss an email again!