[tcb] Re: my bus pulls to the right a bit

  • From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 09:30:40 -0600

I took my Thing to NTB after the front end rebuild and now it drives perfect. They did the 4 wheel computerized alignment and gave me all the print outs. I can let go of the wheel and it drives strait as can be.

Mike

sammie smith wrote:
Any good alignment shop should work. Since you had the rear all torn apart also you could have the toe on the rear out of whack also. If you don't get the rear repositioned exactly in the same spot on the spring plates you can change the toe-settings on the rear. So my suggestion would be to get a 4-wheel alignment. And don't wait 800 miles.
*/Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    i just want to verify this although i know it sounds stuipd, i
    read somewhere on the samba that you should wait 800 miles to
    allow the suspension to completely settle before you go to the
    alignment shop. is this true? should i put some miles on it
    before? i haven't really gone out and measured and checked the toe
    on the front and now that you mention it it wouldn't surprise me
    if my right front was a bit low. i'll start with tire pressure and
    the move on to toe, then move to the alignment shop...how bad are
    they going to freak on the camber i have created on the rear?
    should i just tell them i want a front end alignment? can anyone
    do this? or should i go to bob meyers in north little rock?

        Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 06:16:29 -0800
        From: bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: [tcb] Re: my bus pulls to the right a bit
        To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        Yeah Will.  Lots of stuff can cause pulling one way or the
        other.  Start with the easy stuff first.  Like check the tire
        pressure for a significant difference between the two front
        tires.  But, after all that front end work the first trip
        should be to an alignment shop.  About $50 well spent.  I can
        get one really close with the old shade tree technique for
        toe-in toe-out and a level for camber settings but it's off to
        the alignment shop for cars that are going to be on the street
        a bunch.

        */Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

            All of those can contribute, but since he just put it back
            on the road, alignment would be #1 on my list.  All things
            being equal,
            brakes (dragging, mis-adjusted, wheel cylinders etc.) need
            to be checked too.