[tcb] Re: my bus pulls to the right a bit

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 07:08:11 -0800 (PST)

Any good alignment shop should work.  Since you had the rear all torn apart
also you could have the toe on the rear out of whack also.  If you don't get
the rear repositioned exactly in the same spot on the spring plates you can
change the toe-settings on the rear.  So my suggestion would be to get a
4-wheel alignment.  And don't wait 800 miles.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:      .hmmessage P  {
margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    i just want to verify this although i know it sounds
stuipd, i read somewhere on the samba that you should wait 800 miles to allow
the suspension to completely settle before you go to the alignment shop. is
this true? should i put some miles on it before? i haven't really gone out and
measured and checked the toe on the front and now that you mention it it
wouldn't surprise me if my right front was a bit low. i'll start with tire
pressure and the move on to toe, then move to the alignment shop...how bad are
they going to freak on the camber i have created on the rear? should i just
tell them i want a front end alignment? can anyone do this? or should i go to
bob meyers in north little rock?

---------------------------------
  Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 06:16:29 -0800
From: bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: my bus pulls to the right a bit
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah Will.  Lots of stuff can cause pulling one way or the other.  Start with
the easy stuff first.  Like check the tire pressure for a significant
difference between the two front tires.  But, after all that front end work the
first trip should be to an alignment shop.  About $50 well spent.  I can get
one really close with the old shade tree technique for toe-in toe-out and a
level for camber settings but it's off to the alignment shop for cars that are
going to be on the street a bunch.

Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:       .ExternalClass
{font-family:Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color:#ffffff;color:black;}
        .ExternalClass
{font-size:9pt;color:black;font-family:Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;background-color:#ffffff;}
        .ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P  {padding:0px;}  .ExternalClass
EC_body.hmmessage  {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}    All of those can
contribute, but since he just put it back on the road, alignment would be #1 on
my list.  All things being equal,
brakes (dragging, mis-adjusted, wheel cylinders etc.) need to be checked too.