[tcb] Re: muffler gaps??

  • From: "Alma Jo Barrera" <patchmongrel1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:33:51 -0600

Sorry I put the same part here is the other part I have

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C16%2D111%2D586

Alma Jo

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alma Jo Barrera" <patchmongrel1@xxxxxxxxxx>
          From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Subject: [tcb] muffler gaps??
          To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 8:09 PM

          I think this is the first VW I've owned with a stock
muffler.

          Pics of quick fitting install here:

http://65.170.133.65/photos/thumbnails.php?search=new+muffler&album=search&title=on&caption=on&keywords=on&type=AND

          1. What's supposed to close the gap between the muffler
"heat elbow" and the heater box opening? I've never had a muffler
with the "elbows". Always had paper/foil tubing all the way from the
shroud to the heater boxes.

          2. What might cause the fairly severe offset between the
left and right j-tube slip fits? Right side is tight up against the
heater box. Left side is 2" or 3" out. Do I need to wrap a strap
around the mustache bar and try to pull that side in before I install
the half-circle clamps?

          G2