[tcb] Re: motor discussion:

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:04:07 -0500

So we are having the " Brian left the nut loose" discussion?

On Jul 26, 2006, at 11:11 AM, Brian Denning wrote:

this is why i say way on down the road because i have a hard time tryin' to stop the thing right now. mainly because i have gotten used to power disc brakes and now i am back to old school drums.

the main reason why i want the power is well...there isn't a reason. other than bragging rights, that and will's DC is so damn fun. just picture a loaded westie sitting at a stop light a rice burner pulls up they are laughing at your rusty loaded down westie. you look at the punk ass driving it, his fine lookin' girl friend is sitting next to him thinking about her prom and how she totally won't look fat in her dress. you rev the motor the guy thinks, "ah shit i got this guy" (in my bone stock civic with a fart can) by that time all his little teeny bopper friends are staring from the sonic parking lot. light turns green and he is being laughed at because he got smoked by a 69 westie loaded with an old school eureka vacuum and vintage luggage on top and rusty rockers.

now that you have that in your head think about this. you live down the street from the high school and all the little pricks give you the peace sign, as if that is sooooo original, like i have never seen that before, that sign will soon change to a thumbs up because i smoked johnny football hero infront of the local car hop.

hell yea i want a big motor in the ol' westy.

this will not be a, huge wad of cash at once, project. i will gradually save. interior comes next on the bus anyway. the motor project will be like this: "oh someone has ____part for sale and it is what i need for my big motor project. and eventually i will have all the parts collected and will build that sucker. and by then i will enjoy going slow so much that i will probably turn around and sell it to one of the tcb kids because they have that same little dream that i once had.

From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: motor discussion:
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:42:56 -0500

I think your best bet would be to buy a Vanagon.
I would be more concerned with how you plan to stop a loaded Westy from 75 mph.
A cheap stroker crank is 600.00, a Berg is 1200.00.
Slow down, enjoy the ride, take the back roads and down shift going up the hills, or
Buy a Vanagon..........

On Jul 26, 2006, at 8:37 AM, Brian Denning wrote:

my goal is to eventually with time and money build a nice, carry the bus and it's shit around at 70-75 mph

On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how to get there! http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx? cid=Retirement