[tcb] Re: m-codes???

  • From: "Denis" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:48:56 -0500

The number I am talking about is stamped, not a plate. It is to the right of
the apron about six inches from the battery tray. You might need a flashlight
and/or paint stripper. It it the same number as the plate that should be behind
the passenger seat near the top of the partition. If you found a plate with
numbers, it probably is it. I don't know about any other plates on busses.
        Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:07:51 -0500
        From: eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        IMO it would be really, really strange for a Canadiana conversion to be
way down here in Arkansas.

        ATX BUS wrote:
          Take off Aye!

          The best thing to look for in a camper conversion is a sticker with
the companies name.  Many of them are on the bulkhead behind the passenger
seat.  If it is not there, get ready to begin the hunt.  There is a really good
thread on the Samba about these conversions.  I have spent some time
researching my 67, and honestly don't think I have seen anything with the
window configuration of your 58.  However the windows can be misleading, so
don't use them as your only criteria.

          The codes from the VW factory wouldn't have camper/panel conversion
info unless it happened at the factory.

          Jeff