[tcb] Re: math question for the geniuses

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 20:23:06 -0600

That is what it costs to fall off your deck.

I spent a few hours sorting through all of the medical bills that we have
received since I got home. And that is the total. The most expensive doctor
was the one I saw the least of and liked the least.

The doctor who met me in the emergency room at 4 AM and explained the
severity of my injuries and laughed when I told him I fell over a dog, who
sewed my head closed and was the one to say when I could have morphine, ice,
water, food, who ordered the dreaded catheter (truly medieval) and the thing
that went in my nose and to my stomach (even more medieval), but who saw me
twice a day and explained what was going on. The doctor who vetoed my chest
surgery and took all that horrible stuff off of me and finally told me that
I could go home with no rehab.he is not named in any of the bills. I have
about six doctors who sent individual charges, and he's not there. Twice,
when I was asleep/passed out I would feel a hand on my forehead and it would
be him and I would feel safe and better. THAT is what I think a doctor
should be.

His name is Steve Irwin. Or I am pretty sure that's him.

You guys may think that I am being sappy, but I was seriously F'd up. And
this guy and the 20 or so nurses, male and female, did amazing things to get
me home in 7 days. Ask Chuck how I was. He came up and took care of me for a
while. No bill from him, but he made those days soooo much easier. People
should feel grateful when something is done for them. A whole bunch of
people came to my room. I remember many of them. Some are like dreams. I
woke up and saw Paul. I don't know how long he was there. Shirley came and
was a doll. Steve and Sharon were there but all of the time I was in the
hospital is a blur. Was it the morphine, percoset or oxicodone? Could be.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Write back and tell me if I forgot you, and.

Don't fall off the deck.