[tcb] Re: low beam high beam switch

  • From: Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 07:59:52 -0600

I asked my local tax office and they said they changed it so they can inspect plates locally. You used to have to send them in.

Sent from the side of the road!
Mike Hayes
Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dallas, Texas

On Mar 4, 2010, at 6:33 AM, wuzmop@xxxxxxx wrote:

I think the Austin thing is only for classic, not antique.

From: w.wood <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 12:24 PM

There's a form that has to be sent in to Austin. Yes, the plates must not be rust buckets but it depends on the Tax Office you go to. I found that my local one has anal retentive SFBs running it, but in the next city they're much nicer and will let "a little rust" get by. You'll also find that most of the Tax Office Buearotards don't grok Antique stuff. You'll also now have the nice new Window Sticker to go with it. No tags on the plates anymore.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
They don't have to send them to Austin, however to register your YOM
plates they have to be in very good shape.
I have heard of DPS not accepting certain plates that were rusty and such. Easy process. It'll take all of about 5 minutes, after you wait in the
long line.

--
My Email Moniker
http://www.findinternettv.com/Video,item,1570570433.aspx