[tcb] Re: live busses

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 18:02:24 -0700 (PDT)

So who is the Dallas buyer?

Todd and Lisa Prigmore <prigmores@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It has taken me a week to recover enough to write.
  Last Friday, less than one week after beating out several Chevy's and Ford's
for best 50's truck at the Kingwood Car Show, our 1959 Doublecab was sold to a
guy in Dallas.  We got what we asked for and it is for the best.  He is going
to do a complete restoration on it starting with a complete stripping and
repair of the rust that has developed since we brought it out from California.
He said he plans to keep it stock and even repaint with the original Dove blue
again.  He has done several bug restorations that were quite nice so we're
content.  This is the only thing that made it bearable.  If I ever find out he
lied I will hunt him down and beat him senseless.
  Now then, we are in the market for a Highroof.  Anyone with any leads on one
should contact us immediately!  We've got to get another bus because I am going
to be really irritated if we miss Transporters at the Point again this year.
It's bad enough we'll miss the Monumental Bug Bash.
  -Lisa
  Former co-owner of '59 Doublecab and '62 Standard.  *sigh*