[tcb] Re: jacked up bus

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 17:19:42 -0500

HAHA!!! i joked with my dad the other day about doing that to mine on the front...i said "hell I ought to just make a metal plate that goes down to the frame and put a big ass bumper on it and be done."

dad didn't like the idea so much

i did find a helpful site: http://www.baja.com/kombi/bustech.htm

From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: jacked up bus
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 17:16:20 -0500

I, personally, don't think a Bus needs any lift. Find a set of 8 ply AT tires that will fit under it and go where you please. Add skid plates to lower the center
of gravity (with the added weight).

But without LOTS of $$$ you're not going to make the 4 cylinder air cooled
engine do a lot more work. Like the work required to push really tall tires down
the highway.

But, baja -- Bus.

http://phorce1.com/Gerald_Events_Trips/bbb-vii/album.html

Start in the first column, 4th picture down. There are 5 photos, taken with the
old point-and-shoot, from Havasu BBB-VII (2003).

It's a Texas Bus but I don't recall where they are from.

G2

Need a break? Find your escape route with Live Search Maps. http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?ss=Restaurants~Hotels~Amusement%20Park&cp=33.832922~-117.915659&style=r&lvl=13&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=1118863&encType=1&FORM=MGAC01