[tcb] Re: i'm thinking about...DISGUSTING

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:42:45 -0600

"I find it interesting that when you see a beetle, you can't really tell if the driver is a VW enthusiast or just somebody driving an old used car."

that statement was the deciding factor i think. i will have to agree with you on that. i stopped to assist a broke down beetle once and the guy didn't even know it was aircooled. he just bought it cause it was $500 and ran.

i can honestly say that was a good answer denis and i will really think twice about it now. i love my bus and am not having a single problem with it right now...except timing but that is me being a perfectionist...i just know i have been looking at this beetle for a while and he isn't an active seller but is interested in an early bay window camper. the one project at a time rule royaly sucks i want my cake and i want to eat it to.

From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: i'm thinking about...DISGUSTING
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:33:48 -0600

After all the baloney and work and posts on here and after all you effort, now you want a bug. That is just disgusting.

Nobody waves at a beetle. I hardly honk at beetles when I am in my bus because more than half the time they don't wave or honk back. Unless you have a really nice beetle that is obviously a labor of love, like Steve and Sharon's, beetles have nothing going for 'em.

I find it interesting that when you see a beetle, you can't really tell if the driver is a VW enthusiast or just somebody driving an old used car.

Now, when you see a bus, that's an entirely different thing. Nobody who drives a bus thinks of it as an old used car, Splits, Bays or Vanagons, it's a statement, it's art!

You should do what you feel, Brian, but you will have to find a new list of people driving bugs who wish they were driving a bus.
  ----- Original Message ----- A