[tcb] ideas for new engine for my 71 Westy

  • From: 71Westy@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: TCB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 15:48:07 +0000 (UTC)

Looking at a real engine for my 71 Westy. Tired of putting in the 1600DP.

Would like reliabilty , torque and simplicity. At the NAC show , someone told
me to look into a 2007 cc with a progressive carb.Dual carbs are a my stery to
me so the notion of a single carb got my attention.

Who builds those around here?  Oakhill I think is who Greg mentioned.

Other ideas welcomed for the engine. Anyone have a Westy with a 1776 in it to
test drive?

Thanks, Trey