[tcb] Re: hubcap clips

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:46:58 -0700 (PDT)

A cheapo quick way to fix them if you are not particular about what they look
like is to install them with pop rivets.  My experience has been that with the
VW tool, the correct rivets, and a good solid hammer and a vice to hold the
back up tool and another person to hold the wheel in place while you pound on
the rivet is the way to go.  Not a difficult job but not easy either,
particularly with the tire mounted.  For expediency I would just pop rivet them
on.