[tcb] Re: hey Sammie

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:28:27 -0800 (PST)

A new caliper is around $125.00. I already have the rebuild kits. I mainly need
the single pin that holds the brake pads in place on a single pin a.t.e.
caliper. the previous owner removed the caliper and took it apart because the
pistons were sticking. It's only been sitting for about 15 years. He also lost
one of the O rings between the caliper halfs. no one sells these parts
seperately. so, I was going to do the best with what I can find. I won't be
able to make the show this weekend but if you see Ronnie or Dan, they could
pick it up for me. just let me know what you want for it. Thanks.

Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:Mark:
Think so. Have a couple of Ghia front ends with brakes laying around. BUT;
for no more than a new caliper cost, put on a new one. I wouldn't even
think about trying to rebuild a used one that has been laying around in a
salvage yard. But, if you really want a used one, I'll look and see what I
have.
Sammie