[tcb] Re: hershey is fixed

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:46:51 -0600

only 4? guess i better sell some. i tried some chrome ones but it was way worse i have a stocker though, just need to clean it up and repaint it but i will try both suggestions. thanks.

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: hershey is fixed
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 07:23:55 -0800 (PST)

Try a different valve cover if you have one laying around. Try another bail. Put some more bend in the bail attachment points (the 2 small ends that stick in the head) which will shorten the distance between the bail and the cover. If you're like Mark, me and probably several others on this list you should have about 4 gross of valve covers and bails laying around, just keep trying till you find 2 that work tight together.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: my top secret work is now finished. so now i can tell you what happened. i
tood the fan shroud off to fix a minor oil leak. when i say minor i mean a
half a quart in a weeks worth of driving. the cooler seals were leaking. so
i went to take off the dang cooler stand (dog house) and ripped a bolt head
off. the damn thing broke flush, it blended in with the case, couldn't find
the bolt at all. well i brought in a pro...my dad. he managed to find it
drill it out, and retap the hole. all being done really carefully so no
shavings will get in the motor.

so what was the leak you ask? well, a combination of things, a missing bolt
and dried crusty cracked gaskets (cheapies evidently). so the solution:
german seals, yes they make them, didn't know they did but they do, and
properly torqued bolts (all six of them).

all i lack to having him running are tightening the mustache bar bolts
(where it mounts to the body) and carb bolts, hooking up the oil light and
coil wire, and feeding and hooking up the throttle cable.

this weekend, before i even crank it i am going to change the oil just
incase there were any shavings in the case. and put on my new sump plate to
fix that leak.

one problem i am having though. the passenger side valve cover bail is
loose, i have replaced it twice with og bails and the thing is so loose i
can pop it off with my bare hand. what is a solution to that? that is the
only place left for a leak.

The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes is here. Get all the scoop.
http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/?icid=nctagline2

Type your favorite song.  Get a customized station.  Try MSN Radio powered by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001