[tcb] Re: help

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 18:19:46 -0800 (PST)

I don't know what you mean by too far.  It is supposed to be adjusted so that
it
is not firm up against the plunger in the MC, but not too much play.  As
stated,
I think the free play is like 2 to 3 mm.  If it has too much play the pedal
will
not depress the MC completely and if it has no free play or pressure on the MC
then there is always pressure in the system and your brakes will drag.  Your
problem may be that there is too much distance (play) between the rod and the
mc
and you are not getting complete depression of the mc when you press the
pedal.
The rod is adjustable.

I guess in simple terms you can say that your brake system has two
adjustments:
The brake shoes and the pedal plunger to the MC.  If either is not adjusted
properly it can result in a very low pedal before your brakes are engaged, or
the reverse; you always have a full pedal and your shoes are contacting the
drums all the time.  Obviously you do not want either condition.

________________________________
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:52:55 -0800
From: bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, Denis there is a third:  Mentioned in my first post; there may be too
much
play between the pedal push rod and the plunger on the MC.  Adjust according to
specs.

________________________________
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 16:43:18 -0800
From: bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
67s don't have brake pads.  They are drum brakes.  And see my post on adjusting
the shoes.

________________________________

From: Rusty Herring <rustmah1@xxxxxxx>
Sender: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:31:45 -0600
To: Texas Coalition of Busses<tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
ReplyTo: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm trying to fix the brake system on a 67 deluxe buse.
Have changed out the mastercyclinder, all four  wheel cycliners on the
front,new
drums on front.
I've ran 64oz of brake fluid thru all the system(bleeding all wheel cycliners
front and back) no more air, even bled mastercyclinder, all hoses look new.
the brake pedal goes almost to the floor before the front brakes will lock up.
the rear brakes want lockup. they will if you pull the e brake. i'm at a loss
figure this out .
can any body offer any sugestions on what to try next??????

Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 08:54:41 -0600
Subject: [tcb] Bus sighting
From: evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the admirals club at LAX there is a large photograph about 4 by 6 on the
wall.  It is a photo of the desert southwest, possibly Mexico, with a 70s bus
in
it driving on a dirt road.  Lime green and yellow.