[tcb] Re: help

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:59:03 -0800 (PST)

Rusty:  I hate, to ask this; but do you know how to bleed brakes?  No criticism
intended.  Get a coke bottle ( I use a baby food jar)  fill it about half full
of fluid, run a rubber hose from the bleed screw into the coke bottle, go pump
the brake pedal (make sure the reservoir is full), depress the pedal once, give
it a few seconds to refill the mc, pump again, repeat at least 10 times.  Check
the coke bottle on occasion during this process to make sure it does not run
over.  That should be sufficient normally for each wheel.  When finished with
that wheel close the bleed screw and move on to the next wheel.   It helps if
you have someone else depressing the brake pedal and you watch the bottle to
see
if any air bubbles are present.  And you always bleed in the following order:
right rear, left rear, right front, left front.  Or from the furtherest wheel
from the mc to the nearest.

________________________________
From: coocoo@xxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 19:42:35 -0600

There are only the two things possible, I think. Adjust the brakes and then
bleed. Make sure that you keep fluid in the reservoir and then bleed again, oh
yeah, bleed again.

I am not sure your rear wheels will “lock up”.

Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 16:43:18 -0800
From: bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
67s don't have brake pads.  They are drum brakes.  And see my post on adjusting
the shoes.

________________________________

From: Rusty Herring <rustmah1@xxxxxxx>
Sender: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:31:45 -0600
To: Texas Coalition of Busses<tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
ReplyTo: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm trying to fix the brake system on a 67 deluxe buse.
Have changed out the mastercyclinder, all four  wheel cycliners on the
front,new
drums on front.
I've ran 64oz of brake fluid thru all the system(bleeding all wheel cycliners
front and back) no more air, even bled mastercyclinder, all hoses look new.
the brake pedal goes almost to the floor before the front brakes will lock up.
the rear brakes want lockup. they will if you pull the e brake. i'm at a loss
figure this out .
can any body offer any sugestions on what to try next??????

Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 08:54:41 -0600
Subject: [tcb] Bus sighting
From: evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the admirals club at LAX there is a large photograph about 4 by 6 on the
wall.  It is a photo of the desert southwest, possibly Mexico, with a 70s bus
in
it driving on a dirt road.  Lime green and yellow.