[tcb] Re: hello to the list

  • From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 19:47:10 -0500

Welcome to the list!  Buses make the world a happier place!

On Jul 16, 2010, at 7:15 PM, "Tracy" <pepsifreek@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's about time I stopped lurking and started contributing to the
discussion...

My name is Tracy and I live in Copperas Cove near Fort Hood. I bought my first Bus, a 74 Bay window last February and have been (way too) slowly pulling things apart, removing rust and cleaning things up. "Oscar" is very complete has very little rust and is sporting Pastel White over Kasan Red
original paint.

The engine is the original stock 1800cc that I pulled both to get to and clean the fuel tank and because the oil cooler seals were dry rotted and
leaking horrendous amounts when the engine turned over.

I want to get the engine rebuilt (to turn key) and I'm looking for someone who's got experience and skills working with type IV, any suggestions to a
reputable shop would be appreciated....