[tcb] Re: good news and trip report

  • From: Christopher Dirksen <cajun-eskimo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 07:10:25 -0500

Congrads to Lee & Jeff, great news and great trip report well done man.

Cajun Eskimo

Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:44:53 -0700From: coitspoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [tcb]
good news and trip reportTo: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; manlymandallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
leela0303@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all.

First off, I have some good news to start this quick email, my wife Lee is
pregnant and due May 21st!

We just (on the 19th) had our second wedding anniversary. We are committed to
“Adventure and Leisure” in our relationship and part of that is going on a trip
every year for our anniversary. Last year we went to California wine country.
This year we went on a camping road trip!

We took our “new” 1972 VW camper down to the hill country. On Thursday we
loaded up, started driving and ended up at Lake Proctor (near Dublin, where Dr.
Pepper was originally made). We then continued south to Kerrville, and camped
in the Kerrville-Schreiner state park, it was beautiful, loaded with tame deer
that would eat from your hands. The drive was amazing, the bus cruised great
around 60-65 mph and 20 miles per gallon. On our journey we stumbled on one of
those “historical markers,” it was the geographical center of Texas – so that
was pretty cool!

On Saturday night we were in Boerne, great little hill country town, we went on
a 3 hour cruise through small towns with 20 other vintage VW’s. We spent the
night at Jeff’s ranch (a fellow VW owner – Ghia convertible), he’s got 20
beautiful acres, we had a great big bond fire.

This morning we woke up and went to VOSA car show, it had somewhere around
80-90 vintage VW’s.

It was a truly fantastic trip! We got back around 5:45pm and met up with my
parents, sister and husband, brother and fiancée, and grandmother. We went to
“Sea Monsters” a 3D IMAX movie that was great, now we’re home and ready for bed.

Please check out the new photos at:
http://bednar.smugmug.com/gallery/3691828#211302361

Thanks,
Yahoo!?Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com