[tcb] Re: ghia question

  • From: "M. Sawyer" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mechmark63@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 21:38:16 -0400

Emily just bought a 71 ghia with 29000 miles showing on the odometer. After
getting it up on the lift, I think the mileage is true. absolutely no rust
found anywhere, Still has the tie down hook still on the bottom of the front
beam. The reason I ask about the brakes is that the original ATE calipers are
still on the front and the rear shoes are riveted. Makes me think the brakes
are original. Even the muffler still has the KBR stamping. I am wanting to
rebuild the brakes but can't find anyone that sells rebuilt ATE calipers. The
piston are stuck. Everything is aftermarket and I would like to keep it as
stock as possible.