[tcb] Re: gas gushing out near cap

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 08:24:39 -0800 (PST)

Yes, you are supposed to have a vented cap.  The original one should be vented.
 They are vented around the edges.  Turn it upside down and look around the
edges.  Should have corrugated type vents around the edges.  If it has been
fine in the past and all of sudden started this then I don't have an answer.  A
non-vented cap will cause the fuel pump to pull a vacuum inside the tank
though.  A non-vented cap should not cause the problem you are describing.