[tcb] Re: gas gushing out near cap

  • From: Ken <kenlinoski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 09:38:22 -0600

Did you just fill the tank? If so you just put too much in or filled it while
bus was slightly tilted to drivers side. The vent portion of the cap relieves
pressure from vapor build up. Take fuel inlet hose on fuel pump off and drain
about 3/4 gallon into a can. It's a slow way to drain fuel from the tank but
easiest and safest provided you don't smoke. Just lower hose below tank level
and it gravity feeds out. Remember the 67 has the hump so it's possible to
overfill if not completely level.  That is if you have a full tank of gas. Hope
this helps.

Best

Ken

Sent by pure magic