[tcb] Re: front seat redo

  • From: abe schlichting <gogretago@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

thanks for the responses folks. so, here's what i'm thinking...use hogrings to
attach burlap or sailcloth to frames, then use spray adhesive? to attach a
layer
of 1/2" foam over just the top surface, then another layer of 1/2" foam that
wraps all of the way down the sides, then a layer of batting/dacron if
necessary, then replace the string in the covers with wire, set covers in sun
for 10 minutes, strip them over padding and pull tight, bend down tabs, install
in bus, and cruise 'till the wheels fall off!(no time soon, i hope!). did i
miss
anything important? i am well stocked on frosty libations!...