[tcb] Re: denis, it's fixed how about yours?

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 11:43:20 -0600

the one thing i have noticed is a weak battery with a loose contection will prevent one from starting. are all your connections good on the batree

From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: denis, it's fixed how about yours?
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:27:12 -0600

I put Murray on a charge all night and went out this morning and he fired right up. How could the batttery be so low that it would not even power the radio or dash lihts? IT"S A VW!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 08:22:18 -0600

I was wrong?! When George "VWGuru" Hixon was tinkering and timing my engine, he did that same test and used it to balance the dual carbs.

I knew there would be trouble when you called and asked ME a mechanical question. Glad you got it figured out.

Murray is sitting in the sun today, charging his battery, and later, when it warms up I will go out and find the loose wire that is keeping him from working. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>