[tcb] Re: deck lid

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:38:43 -0800 (PST)

It's the same bus. just bad photography.

j duncan <whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;
padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }
I'm not sure they are the same bus. Look closely at the engine components.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1957-Volkswagen-Deluxe-23-Wind-Samba-Bus-Lowered-Res_W0QQitemZ280184243110QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280184243110
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=537915

Interior roof is different, too. One's white, the other's beige.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1957-Volkswagen-Deluxe-23-Wind-Samba-Bus-Lowered-Res_W0QQitemZ280184243110QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280184243110
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=537915

Dang near everything else is the same, though.

---------------------------------
  Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:08:59 -0800
From: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: deck lid
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you notice on the Austin ad the license plate is blacked out. on the Ebay ad
it's the same bus and has blue plates on it from Gurnee, IL. If you look
closely at the photo's you can see its the same surroundings, same garage, same
house next door. But listed in 2 different states. I say SCAM!!!

sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:     OK Mark:  I went back
and looked again.  On the Samba ad it says it is in Houston and the price is
$52,500 and it is a 58.  On the craiglist ad the price is $7,500 says it is in
Austin and the bus is a 57. And it appears to be the same (*&^^%$#$@ bus.  I
haven't found it on e-bay.

  Does anyone know the seller?

sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Mark:  How  did I misread the ad.  The craig list ad very specifically says
$7,500 and is Austin craig list and appears to be the same bus listed in
Houston except one year different 57 vs.58.
Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   I think you misread the ad.
$50,000.00 is the asking price. It's on thesamba and E-bay. I think it's a
scam!!!

sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   Me thinks he is crazy or
simply left off one zero when he posted this ad.  If that's a correct ad please
tell him I'm leaving right now with the money and a trailer.

The Eskimeaux <cajun-eskimo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:       .ExternalClass
.EC_hmmessage P  {padding:0px;}  .ExternalClass EC_body.hmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}    You think the "Old Volks home" has
deals look what this guys got.  http://austin.craigslist.org/car/509202866.html
. Opps.

  Cajun Eskimo

---------------------------------
  Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:59:37 -0800
From: bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] deck lid
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Hey Brian:  Look at this ad.
  http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=542483
  What a deal you got from Sammie's "old volks home"

  Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary! Check it out!

  The best games are on Xbox 360. Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360
Console. Get it now!