[tcb] Re: condenser

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:48:56 -0600

I bought a set of points based on the behavior. I got my head in there
and the installed points look fine. Ran a points file through the gap
and it slipped easily with very little bite so there's no pitting.

Next step with the behavior it's exhibiting --- crawl under the bus,
push the heater tube out of the way, look at the fuel filter. I suppose
the 1/8" of crap sitting in the bottom of it might have something to
do with the stumble-and-die problem. <sigh>

It's in a spot that I need to get my good jack from the house to raise
the bus and change the filter.

The reason I suspected I might need a resistor on the coil is because I
run the full 14.x VDC generator voltage to my coil through a relay and
about 3 feet of new wire straight from the battery + post. It's not
getting only whatever volts happen to make it back through 30 feet of
40 year old wire and a keyswitch.

G2