[tcb] Re: chuck

  • From: "Chuck Blue" <sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 20:55:35 -0600

Save your money and buy the MegaSquirt.Unless you are going for horse power you can use a stock intake.Its much cheaper.
ole blue
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Chuck Blue" <sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 19:03:55 -0600

If you really want the scoop you should probably call me at 903 677 3256.In the mean time I'll tell you what little I know.Let me start off by saying I had never built a circuit board in my life My soldering has been of the copper pipe variety an d I knew nothing about electronic fuel Injection systems.Obviously I started from scratch and had to learn as I go.I obviously did not develop it myself.I too started from a kit it sounds much like your father in-laws.I started with a MegaSquirt KitWhich consisted of the of the controller,relay board, and Mega View,(more on that later).I tried to follow their suggestions as near as I could simply because I didn't have any idea what I was doing.The fuel injection system is tuned while driving using a laptop. There is a tuning program that allows you to make changes on the fly.I have only used that feature a couple of times It was originally setup by someone that knew what they were doing.(I got it good enough to travel 1100 miles before the tuner guy got a hold of it).The Instructions were very good and there is a lot of online support.The price is very reasonable.I think that you could go with the MegaSquirt n spark which allows electronic ignition control also,That has been added since I purchased mine.These thing are put on all kinds of engines. just go online to Megasquirt.com.and I think most of your questions will be answered.I also went with a wide band 02 sensor and AFR gauge.That allows some really fine tuning on your fuel mixture.
Oh yes.The mega view.It is a 45 second scroll display which will let you view about 20 different items like running time,map ,mat.,rpm,bat.voltage,tps voltage Ego voltage an a bunch of other stuff that may be a help.It is alot better then the stock gauges.The relay board provides wire contacts from the various sensor and fuel injector relays along with a fuel pump relay and a system relay.
This system should be pretty easy to install on a dual port engine.Unless you are going to pump the engine up quite a bit.You probably can use fueler intake manifolds and stock injectors.
So for it has been very reliable.I probably have put about 20,000 miles on it since it has been installed.If you are not to far away I might be able to arrange for a "viewing".
I had to learn to type too because there is no phone help. It is all online.Don't be afraid to tackle this it really isn't that hard.
I hope this answers some of your questions