[tcb] Re: camper bed for brian

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:15:08 -0500

I did not mean to imply that it could not be fabricated.
I was trying to point out that there are lots and lots of westys around that the bed can be easily removed from.
For considerably less than $150.00 I might add.
I am all about the "cobbling" together.........

On Oct 27, 2005, at 2:55 PM, Mark Sawyer wrote:

Hey, we are VW owners. Anything can be fabricated or cobbled together, however you look at it.

Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I am sitting here looking at the Westy bed I just got from Gary at Pinemont Auto Salvage.
For A BUNCH less than the Samba add, for 150.00 I want the WHOLE bed and someone in it!
It looks like it would be really hard to fabricate.
Unless you just enjoy geometry and metal work.

On Oct 27, 2005, at 2:23 PM, Mark Sawyer wrote:

Hey Brian: I just listed some Z-bed hinges that are for sale on Ebay. Also, there is a bay window camper here in houston that is being scrapped out and it still has the interior in it. I also saw that Sammy has a bay window camper that he will be parting out. You can use the same hinges and just widen the bed for the full width of your bus.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Neil we need to get together so i can see how to possibly fabricate some z
hinges because i want to put a ful bed in the back of mine as well. and
possibly get rid of the middle seat or turn it around to face the back kinda
like you were saying.

basically that is all i would want inside mine is some under seat storage
and a nice comfortable bed.