[tcb] Re: bus tow bar

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 20:34:00 -0600

Yes, best is a trailer, ask the rear end on the Rivi. But a trailer adds a LOT of weight to an already heavy haul.

And, Brian will never again be able to trailer his either, it'll take ramps 3 times longer than the trailer itself to get a low enough pitch for loading/unloading. The '66 beetle isn't as low as his bus and it was a pain in the rear the 2 times I needed to trailer it. He'll also have a hell of a time even finding a tow truck driver that will touch it in an emergency.

sammie smith wrote:
And I am sure that some on this list; like Paul and Brian; cannot possibly get a tow bar under the front of their busses.