[tcb] Re: bus a/c

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:54:18 -0800 (PST)

On the Type 4 engine the A/C compressor was the old York piston style
compresser that mounted on the drivers side of the engine almost flush with the
bottom of the engine. the rear air shroud had a hole in it with a idler pulley
inside and an additional pulley mounted to the cooling fan pulley. It's a royal
pain to work on this system.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  but all busses weren't like
that were they? and the compressors pretty much
look the same don't they? where the hell does the belt go on the others?

i guess my main confusion is because i have never seen one with factory a/c
up close to tell how he hell it was done.

>From: Dan Martin
>To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [tcb] Re: bus a/c
>Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:33:09 -0600
>
>"1750 watt invertor w/ 140 amp auxiliary alternator and 4 deep cycle
>batteries
>110volt roof-top a/c"
>
>Yes electric
>
>On Feb 15, 2007, at 9:30 AM, Brian Denning wrote:
>
>>http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=359631
>>
>>is the a/c compressor electric? or is there a belt? if there is a belt
>>where the hell does it go? i have been looking at this bus several times
>>and can't figure it out for the life of me.

>>Search for grocery stores. Find gratitude. Turn a simple search into
>>something more. http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/
>>default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_gratitude&FORM=WLMTAG

Valentine?s Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping