[tcb] Re: brian and the fabubus at it again

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:43:01 -0600

Oh and 4.1 is transmission swaps.

On Dec 21, 2005, at 4:38 PM, Dan Martin wrote:

go here:

http://www.ratwell.com/technical/FAQ.html

go to:

Engine

1.2 is engine swaps.

On Dec 21, 2005, at 4:21 PM, Brian Denning wrote:

one important question is what flywheel do i run and does it bolt up to my tranny?

From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: brian and the fabubus at it again
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:14:56 -0600

i thought about getting a new one, i saw one on the samba, and switching out the vin's. but that would be illegal and ethically wrong. :-) or would it >:-)

just kidding.

From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:00:47 -0600

Or move to Brazil:

http://www.vw.com.br/default.asp?turl=%2Fmapa%2FDefault%2Easp%3F

On Dec 21, 2005, at 3:46 PM, Mark Sawyer wrote:

Here's a thought. Get a radiator kit from Mexico for Bay window busses and put a rabbit engine in it. I have seen this combination running around Corpus Christi. That would give you the power and dependability that you are looking for. It doesn't sound like your worried about keeping the bus all original. But, that's just my opinion.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
i do and like i said i am just weighing out my options (or did i?) the guy i
talked i am buying the heads off of just scared me a little. and knowing
that i could drop a valve is kinda scarey but i guess that could happen in
any motor. what do i do to prevent that in a t4. why do people say t1's are
better? i am just debating a bit.

but based on what you said which would i be better off doing building a nice
upright with lots of torque or just getting the heads done, put new
cylinders in and baby it the way it sits.

what would you do? i don't care what is best for me i want to know what you
would do in this situation. alot of you love your upright but have
experienced the power and the load of crap that comes with the t4 what would
you do in this situation. i want a permanent fix so the bus can be driven
and look pretty and i can stop unloading crap loads of money on just the
motor. by putting in new seats, valves, springs, and whatever else on the
heads i am getting redone would that make them stronger?

i know lots of questions but i am to the point to where i am tired of
sanding down the interior and want to drive the stupid thing. i am even
considering getting it running and selling it for a running splitty before
something else goes wrong. it has become more of a money pit than a fun ride
to go to psychoblooie in (

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how to get there! http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx? cid=Retirement