[tcb] Re: brakes

  • From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 01:37:31 +0000

Yup.  That P word is expensive.  I will take a look for the ad, thanks for the
info.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: sammie smith
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 18:13:27
To:tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Not cleaning the garage:  Just keep running into these weird parts.  Found a
set of the B drums and brakes as described with no apparent wear though I
haven't measured them for $200 at the Temple swap meet and picked them up for a
Porsche friend.  Also from the same seller have agreed to purchase a set of
complete front A brakes as described for the same price $200.  Thought it
sounded like too good a deal to pass up and my porsche guy wanted them.  Just
curios as to how indebted he is to me now.  Also, thought seriously about
keeping them for myself and going old school stopping power on a bug or bus.
Went
tbrough all of the Porsche ads on the samba and could only find one set of B
drums advertised and they had been renovated by a Porsche restoration shop-$500
for fair ones $750 for excellent ones.  And that was drums only.
evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: A set of four B series drums amd backing
plates run in the 500 range used. That is if there's usable steel on the drum
inserts. Last time - check a set of used A brakes in the same condition was
about 800. New A drums alone run over 1000 bucks.

Are you cleaning your garage or somethin?

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile