[tcb] brake fluid question

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:58:46 -0500

can brake fluid remove paint???

here is why i ask. i was getting the vacuum and luggage off the bus last night and noticed a white streak on my right rear tire. well upon closer inspection the paint on the wheel was all gooey and crinkly and wet. it was only on the outer part of the wheel, not in the center area around the hubcap. i also noticed that on my drive home from eureka that my breaks started to get a bit squishy. i am thinking wheel cylinder and fluid is now spraying on the rim causing the paint to turn into a gooey substance and run off the tire.

does this sound about right? if so looks like i'll be fixin' a wheel cylinder or a line or something

bus has all rubber lines on it already.

Tease your brain--play Clink! Win cool prizes! http://club.live.com/clink.aspx?icid=clink_hotmailtextlink2