[tcb] Re: blue smoke and a miss

  • From: Mark Jenkins <marktts88@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 13:01:01 -0800 (PST)

My 65 statrted the same thing ,iwas going on to the beltway 8 big tall over
pass I got 65 at the top I was doing 40 after that it wouldn't go over 40 and
started smoking.

brent brendemuehl <vw_too@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  time to quit working on it and
start drinking.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   so back to this subject.
remember me talking about the noise the distributor
was making well, i am starting to think that noise is infact a compression
leak. the reason why i think that is because i put the bus in gear on a
hill, as i always do, and it rolled a bit, never has done that before. and
since usually the compression is what keeps itfrom rolling i have concluded
that i need to run a compression check on the damn thing.l

this was the end of the fabubus and i am not going to let it be the end of
hershey. that and i have like a truckload of dual port heads laying around.

so i will give more info on the results probably monday because i am done
with the thing for now, it is starting to upset me so that is the fine time
to quit working on it today.

more later.