[tcb] Re: blinker relay

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:32:01 -0700 (PDT)

This is why when the Vanagon hits 25 years old,(when I don't have to deal with
inspections any more) I'm removing the fuel injection and going with good old
fashioned carbs. I'm tired of fighting the out-dated electronics of the Digijet
injection. I know everyone says to go with a Megasquirt but I'm not good with
electronics. I see even Chuck has problems with Megasquirt in his car.

Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    body{font-family:
Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color:
#ffffff;color: black;}      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }
body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }
.ExternalClass
{font-family:Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color:#ffffff;color:black;}
        .ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P  {padding:0px;}  .ExternalClass
EC_body.hmmessage  {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}        .ExternalClass
{font-family:Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color:#ffffff;color:black;}
        .ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P  {padding:0px;}  .ExternalClass
EC_body.hmmessage  {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}
I was joking...  You need one Flasher, your switch, +12V

+12V ---> Flasher ----> Switch (Positive In lead) -----> Left Front/Left Rear
turnsignal tied ---> Ground
                     |_ indicator bulb
|-----> Right Front/Right Rear turnsignal tied ---> Ground

Since you have 4 way circuits your brake lights are on a different circuit
unlike earlier busses and bugs.  Therefore you can just tie your turnsignals
together at the switch.
You can use a 1 to 2 way spade splitter (autozone, electronics store) .

You have to remember in the 60s when your bus was engineered, components at an
electronics level were still limited to vaccum tubes, transistors and
resistors.  ICs, diodes
(in their present form) were all relatively new.  That's why I laugh at folks
who hunt for 68 - up Type 3 EFI boxes.... blah..   Unless you have an NOS 7
pin, forget it.  Nothing like 40 year old electronics...

If you'll excuse me I now have to adjust my rabbit ears.

  Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:06:09 -0400
From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sure, just like getting a master cylinder.

  Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:58:14 -0500
From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

with your bus being a BAY window....  You have 4 way lights which makes it
easier.

If you're talking about Item "J" on this diagram
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/wiring/baybus_6869a.jpg then you'll
need to replace it
or rewire your turnsignal switch and get a generic flasher.