[tcb] Re: been quiet lately

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 20:44:11 -0800 (PST)

Back in 69-70 when I lived in Fayetteville I had a 66 VW set up for running
SCCA road rallies.  It had two big old Cibie driving lights on the front bumper
with Cibie rubber covers over the lights to prevent breakage when they weren't
in use.  These rubber covers were blue.  My wife was driving the car one day
and got pulled over by one of Fayetteville's finest during daylight for running
blue lights on the front of the car.  She had to show him that they were only
protective covers over clear fluted lense.  Seems that AR (at least at that
time) used blue lights for police and emergency vehicles.  Go figure.

Also would note that my infamous Baja with all of its barely legal (and some
not so legal) parts has been across country from coast to coast many times and
has been driven close to 200,000 miles.  It has only be stopped twice in all of
these travels by the constabulary; both times was in AR, once by a state
trooper just outside of Hope, and the other time by a local somewhere north of
Little Rock.  No ticket either time.

Ya just gotta love AR.  Just think, you guys have the Duggers.

At any rate:  have a very Merry Xmas Denis.

From: Chuck Blue
Date:12/24/2013 5:31 AM (GMT-06:00)
To:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx