[tcb] Re: axle nut--tech advice

  • From: ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 19:29:24 -0700 (PDT)

(no pun taken)

Good suggestion!

----- Original Message ----
From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2007 9:22:13 PM
Subject: [tcb] Re: axle nut--tech advice

Try going to www.aircoolers.org.
  They have a chapter in Austin and there might be someone in the gang there
that has the tools needed to get your nuts off. (no pun intended)

ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Thank you for all of your suggestions,  sounds like PB is better than
the WD 40 that I have been using.

This started with the intent of a front and rear brake job and I was not able
to break the rear axle nut so I decided to replace fronts and adjust the rear.
I have the parts for the rear and figured I'd work on that after the
 trip to MP resort.  Then after a test drive and good break function I parked
it in the garage and a the passenger side e brake cable snapped when I engaged
it.

Sounds like I need an axle whacker or wamer.  Where can I get one?

I have been told that I should not drive the bus in this condition b/c the
remaining cable can wrap inside of the drum, so making it to a shop or T@P like
this doesn't sound likely (but I'll get there).

I'll recruit some help/strength and a whacker.

Thanks again.

    Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail,
news, photos & more.

http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html