[tcb] Re: axle nut

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 13:20:31 -0700 (PDT)

That's the ambulance bus that Ron Sturgen in Ft. Worth originally had in his
collection.  Young couple in OK bought it from Sturgen and showed it in a
couple of shows.  He e-mailed me about a year ago wanting to sell it for
$22,000.  He said he was going to put it on the Samba but never did until just
recently and asked $28,000.  Last time I saw the ad was about 3 weeks ago and
it showed sale pending.  It is a gorgeous ambulance with everything there.
Peter supposedly called the guy when I gave him his phone number a year ago.
The problem is that it is an ambulance.  If it were a regular barndoor in the
condition that it is in it would probably go for more than $50,000.  The fact
that it is an ambulance does who knows what to the value.  I would love to have
it but have better use for $28,000.  And obviously just kidding on the tooth
extraction.

ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:          A cheater bar to remove a tooth,
that sounds like a jaw breaker (not the candy).  Leverage during and extraction
is critical however most of the measurements I work with are in tenths of mm
not anything like a 5 foot cheater or a 46mm socket.  If you have difficulty
removing a tooth then you have to remove bone but I don't want to scare or bore
anybody else with this material.

For bus content, that barndoor ambulance bus that I saw in thesamba classifieds
is sweet.  If I had that I could roll into MPR and set up shop.  Its a little
out of my price range and looks like it would be tough to drive with no rear
window.  Is this the same bus that Paul posted some time back?