[tcb] Re: an interesting extraction

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 09:50:00 -0500

My '63 has two cables
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: ATX BUS
  To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 9:33 AM
  Subject: [tcb] an interesting extraction

  I finished my brakes.  While bleeding the brakes I did the best I could to
keep debris out of the reservoir but some how a mosquito landed in the brake
fluid, which I can only imagine was a horrible bug death.  I guessed that the
Germans didn't intend for bugs in the brake lines so I extracted the little guy
with some needle nose pliers.

  Fortunately the master cylinder was good, but a 67 should have a dual
reservoir mc and mine only has one.  I know it is an early 67 because there are
no reverse lights and the vin # but what are the chances it could have a 66 mc.
 Also, what years have two cables for the hand brake?

  Jeff

11:10 AM