[tcb] Re: alternator

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 08:19:00 -0600

although i may be a member i am slowly trying to convert over to the sexy
muscle man club...it's a slow process but soon enough i will be a card carrying
member.

i managed to get my arm around back and get the nut off the fan along with the
shims, then is when i discovered that the fan won't fit through the hole on the
back of the shroud, so i started taking the bolts loose on the backing plate on
the front, i got two off and realized i won't be able to get the one behind the
webber out because, well, the carb is to big to get to it.

so then i undid my motor mounts and lowered the motor onto the ground, about 5
inches lower than where the bus sits now. and managed to get the shroud out
with the alternator in tact. then started switching over. got cold and tired so
i gave up on it last night, all i lack now is reassembly. hopefully tonight it
will be done, i will have to get diana to position the jack in place while i
pick up on the motor though.

not the first time i removed the shroud with the motor still "in" the bus