[tcb] Re: altenator question

  • From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:57:31 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

There were two primary Alternators used in Type 1/2 uprights.  One by Motorola and one by Bosch.  The Motorola unit had an external regulator box on top of the Alternator.  The early Bosch units also had one.  The currently available Bosch units are internally regulated and have a two wire hookup.  The Primary (B+) wire you should use an 8 Gauge connection to your positive post on your starter solenoid.  The DF wire goes to the idiot light.  Make sure the idiot light bulb works otherwise it won't charge!

Thus, you don't hook it through your generator regulator.