[tcb] Re: air in the mc

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:06:38 -0500

the brakes have been bled 4 times now, i still have to pump it up for them to
work, that is why i think there is air in the master cylinder, i don't think
it's bad because there are no leaks. i understand i need to bleed the wheels
and have gotten very experienced in that the past couple of days, there isn't
any air comming out of the wheels now. i was just wondering about the master
cylinder, how do i get the air out of it? is there any trick to it?

Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:59:45 -0700
From: bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: air in the mc
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bleed the brakes:  In this order; right rear, left rear, right front, left
front.  Use the method recommended in all the VW handbooks and you can do the
job by yourself, though it is helpful to have someone work the pedal while you
watch the fluid to make sure all bubbles have stopped coming out.  If you don't
have a manual showing this procedure holler back and I will describe it.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:      that is the concensus on
the master cylinder. any tricks to bleeding it with it installed? just unhook
the hose and pump away or what?

    Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your
"fix". Check it out.