[tcb] Re: air cleaner bracket

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 08:43:42 -0800 (PST)

I have about 4 of the repos left and can let you have for a fair price of $25
at the Nac show.  They are absolutely identical to the original and you cannot
tell the difference.  And you are not alone.  I have found that only about 1 in
50 early bus and ghia owners are aware of them and almost no engines have
them.  Apparently that is one of the first thing VW mechanics threw away when
working on a car.  Originals are next to impossible to find.  They are correct
for all stale air 36 and 40 horse engines in ghias and busses.  A similar but
slightly different one also exists for the fresh air 40 horse engines until
they went to the later style air cleaners in 63/64.

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] air cleaner bracket
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 10:15 AM

James:  And anyone else interested; here is a photo of the aircleaner bracket.