[tcb] Wow, all the breakdowns, Ennis Report has breakdowns too!

  • From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 11:07:04 -0400

30 miles. That's all we have to go to get to Ennis. I was excited that for the
first time ever, I got to take my bug on a camping trip. Being the camping
fools that we are, some of DAC met at Kellers to cruise down to Ennis at 3 pm
Saturday.

About 3 miles onto 75, brown bus, welder, water hose, baja Mikes fuel pump
pivot rod thinky came out on his bus, while he is towing his baja, in the
center median. I was already into the downtown area by the time I got the call
from Larry, so I couldn't turn around at that point. Ron was a mile or so ahead
of me in his bus.

Larry was able to turn around, so he went to see if he could help. He had a
truck. I get a call from Mike, he had the pivot thingy, so he was under
control. As Larry pulled up, the front end or something fell apart on his truck
and he hit the center wall to slow it down and rear ended Mike. Bent his tow
hitch, but otherwise nobody was hurt, and no other damage.

Ron and I rolled in, brown bus, welder, water hose, baja Mike made it safely,
we were met later by thing, rusty bus, admin Mike, James, Bodean, and Larry
came in with James once he got his truck towed off.

We laughed, we cried, we drank beer and Apfel Corn shots. Tastes like apple
jolly ranchers. Brown bus, welder, water hose, baja Mike made some sausages
that tasted like those bear claw donut things. It was like donuts, but it was
meat. I'm serious.

We got up bright and early, the cop at the road leading in was much less of a
traffic nazi than the other dynamic duo they usually have up there. I got some
good stuff at the swap, a 67 8 track player with a Kiss Alive II tape. Oh yeah!
Some other cool stuff. I'm not sure who won what. It was nice to see invisible
Will and family again.

I'm not sure what made this one different than the other Ennis shows I've been
to, but for some reason, I had the best time I can remember having there. Guess
it was the great weather and great company.
AOL at AOL.com.