[tcb] Wow. Who pissed off this guy?

  • From: Ronnie Hughes <fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 16:28:31 -0700 (PDT)

Here'a an email I got today from my ad on the craigslist.

Ronnie

Have you lost your mind? NO ONE on this planet would ever pay $20,000 for a 22
year old volkswagen VAN. It was barely worth 5k when it was NEW. I am going to
flag your listing and KEEP flagging your listing until you either stop listing
it or start listing it with a more realistic price. If you really think its
worth that much then go advertise it somewhere where people who have money to
burn usually look for shit to buy...like Hemmings Motor News. No one cares how
much YOU have in it. That thing is only worth what someone else who really
wants it is willing to pay for it...and that amount certainly is not 20 grand.
I checked the kelly blue book...and it only goes back to 1989, so I used that
year model. The KBB private party value for an '89 Vanagon camper in good
condition is about 7k. I think if you were to get 7 for that thing it would be
a premium. Furthermore, since kbb doesn't even go back to 1987, no bank would
loan more than maybe a couple grand
 on it....and I can guarantee you that there is no one around that has 15-18k
cash layin around that they're willing to piss away on a volkswagen van. You
need a reality check my friend.