[tcb] Would anybody like copies of my 1979 type 2 manual, 1979 type 2 Gas Station Information manual, 1979 Campmobile Equipment manual, or a really cool 1974-79 type 1 and 2 trouble shooting guide?

  • From: kelly dosch <kellydosch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texas Coalition of Buses <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 01:26:25 -0700 (PDT)

  I finally got my new mac and printer up and running and can scan these
booklets for you if you are interested.
  The trouble shooting guide is for F.I.. Contrary to popular belief, all
engine trouble does not come from the fuel injection, so it might even be
helpful to you primitive carbureted folk. It has pictures and a lot of
diagrams.
  The Campmobile manual is also rare and fun to read, as it has interesting
specs and pics. What was available with each package and how to operate
everything. (never check your propane tank for leaks with a lit match. Very
helpful. HA!)
  The Type 2 manual is nice. It's a fun read and has useful tips on how best to
operate your shady primitive climate controls to defog windows and stuff.
  The "Gas Station" manual is cool in that it has maintenance tips, clear
instructions for tire inflation, lists of bulb sizes, cool old color parts ads,
etc,...
  I want to scan it all as back-up for myself anyway so I might as well pass it
on. I can scan it with enough gap space to print it out, take it to Kinko's and
have them bind it into a new booklet if you want. Or you can just get one of
these cute VW bus memory sticks to store it all in.

http://www.iwantavolkswagenbus.com/blog/2008/07/volkswagen-bus-usb-memory-stick/

  These things are great. You can also scan all your records, restoration
photos and receipts in it and the headlights light up when you plug it in.
 If you want anything, just send me your email and I will scan it and bounce it
back to you.
  kellydosch@xxxxxxxxx  Peace