[tcb] Re: Won't start

  • From: Gary Alexander <garypalexander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 20:00:27 -0600

Lets reset:
spark at plugs-good
static timed-good
compression-good

Heavy fuel smell.

can you verify valves are opening and closing as you hand turn motor over?
eliminates broken cam

do you have another carb to throw on it?

Can you pull off the carb, shoot some ether down in the intake, what
happens?
careful on backfire!

position at #1 plug wire on distributor.

let us know
good luck
gary