[tcb] Re: Wonderfully campy bus

  • From: "Julie Maroney" <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 09:25:51 -0500

Sammie,

You have seen more of my 21 window than any other VW person I know.
Most people doubt it really exists - pictures would help this
situation but it is all dusty and unfinished and I don't think I can
do it justice.  Your frames sound great!

Julie

On 5/1/07, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OK Julie:  The Zebra stripes are nice, but when do we get to see some
pictures of the 21?  By the way, the great pictures you took of my panel
have been framed.  Frames are my own invention, VW headlight rims and glass
mounted on a wood plaque with the 8X10 photo trimed to fit.  The photos look
great in these.  Gives them a 3D look.

Julie Maroney <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Check out these pics of the bus that has been hanging out in the garage with
my '66.

http://picasaweb.google.com/julie.hey.ho.lets.go/68Camper

I'm new to all this bus stuff and I'm curious about whether this is a
one-of-a-kind sort of thing or was there a company out there making campers
like this.  It doesn't look like anything I have ever seen, but then again
that doesn't mean much.  This bus is supposed to be on its way from Canada
to Costa Rica but it needs some big time help.

Just wondering,

Julie