[tcb] Re: Wiring harness for the '59?

  • From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:21:53 -0500

Regardless of which way you go 6 or 12 if you've got the cash replace the Harness and Fuse block. Plus no chance of over spray on the wires.

Half my harness burnt up on the way back from the Classic and every time I so much as breathed on the fuse block the engine died.

Denis wrote:
I changed out my harness and it was surprisingly easy in a splitty. I got mine from Wolfgang, but I'm pretty sure they got it from somewhere else. They manufacture some stuff, but not that.

        Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 05:29:55 -0700
        From: james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: [tcb] Wiring harness for the '59?
        To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

            I talked to the guy who is painting the Bus and he asked
            me if I was gonna stay 6v or go to 12v. I told him my
            concerns about dim lights at night. So I wasn't sure.

            He is confident that with a brand new wiring harness the
            lights would be just as bright. Plus it would make it
            easier to paint.

            It should be a breeze to install one compared to the 78
            Super wiring hell I went through for the better part of a
            year.
            Opinions? Also where would I look for one?
            I'd rather stay 6v to be honest Thanks!

            Jams

        Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that’s right for
        you.
        <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/choosepc/?ocid=ftp_val_wl_290>

-- My Email Moniker http://www.findinternettv.com/Video,item,1570570433.aspx