[tcb] Re: Window A/C units mounted in your bus?

  • From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 12:36:04 -0500

Ya, if it's really humid it will have allot of water. I had to drill a 1/8 in hole in the lowest part of the unit so it would drain better. Plus I was tied of getting wet everytime I took it off the bus.

Eric Woodall wrote:
Well mine is pretty much parallel to the ground, slightly tilted to the outside. What's strange is that the first time we hooked it up (at home) when I went to remove it, a ton of water spilled out of it. On Saturday when I removed it hardly any water came off, like the compressor wasn't running (no condensation).
I need to set it back up in the driveway and see if it's broken or not.

Neil wrote:
Someone may have already covered this, but I discovered that if the unit isn't
tilted JUST right (toward the outside so water won't come in the bus) it won't
cool right.
I had the unit tilted too much toward the outside of the bus...it ran but did
not cool at all...I thought the A/C unit was bad.  Kevin Evans (Kaveman on the
aircoolers.org site) set me straight.  One slight adjustment and it was in the
60's in the bus!